Monday, July 13, 2009

Is Stampede over?

I mentioned in my previous post that I was about to go and watch the rodeo at the Calgary Stampede for the first time...How fun was that?? It was amazing!!! We got there at about 10 am to go on a tour at the indian village, saw lots of crafts and native dancing...loved it!

The gang! Irina, Ingrid, Renata, me and Keith:
Pizza on a stick?? Seriously? I'll try it next year...:)

Some highlights from the rodeo:
I was sitting about 200 meters from all the action and was trying to squeeze the best out of my little point and shoot...:)
Man she was going FAST!
An uh-oh moment, a horse tripped and fell: She was not the winner:
Dangerous games with the bulls. I actually can't believe they get teenagers to ride smaller bulls!


Overall it was a great experience and I can't wait to do more Stampeding next year, it's lots of fun!!

No comments: