Sunday, August 30, 2009

Trip to Beautiful British Columbia - Part 1

It was 6 am and I woke up with excitement because we were leaving for Kelowna and Vancouver!! I'd never been there and I thought I even had this stupid smile and my whole face was beaming with joy! My Mom arrived in Calgary just a day before (yay!!! I haven't seen her for 2 years) and we decided to take a trip. I love travelling and love being on the road with my family, you know when you stop at different places for a quick snack or stretch or just admire the view. Those of you who have been to BC before would understand me, it's like a totally different world with trees so high you can't even see the top, with bushes so thick you you think they can embrace you, with clouds floating so low you think you can jump on it and fly.

After getting coffee in Canmore we headed off to Kicking Hourse camping ground where we built our own inukshuk (a stone figurine). Lots of fun!

travel
Our creation!
travel
Isn't it gorgeous here??
travel
We stopped at Three Valley Gap where we stayed last time we went to the Enchanted Forest
and had a great time there!
travel
Kelowna! We loved it there! Beautiful city, wonderful beaches, stunning scenery! Wow!
travel
Wouldn't it be a perfect day to spend on the beach on this dock?
travel
Stunning view of the lake and the mountains on the way from Kelowna to Vancouver.
travel
After our overnight stay at Ramada Hotel in Kelowna we finally made it Vancouver and the first stop was in Stanley Park. Tim was picking shells and we were simply floored by the beauty of the park - miles and miles of 40m tall trees, bridges and ships!
travel
Lots of flying ducks in Stanley Park. They literally fly inches within your head
travel
Beautiful waterfall in Stanley Park, taken hand held as I didn't have my tripod with me.
travel
Us having fun walking in the park! :)
travel
We probably ate like 10 lb of ice cream when we were on holidays. :)) I mentioned once I wouldn't be too upset if I had to live on ice cream only and it's totally true..:) We had vanilla and chocolate and caramel with peanuts, almonds...mmmm...yum!
travel
Sunset over the ocean. So worth travelling 950km trip for!
travel

Part 2 will be coming soon with the story about our adventure in Capilano Bridge and Vancouver Aquarium and the most wonderful hostess Gabriela (my friend and fellow photographer Maros Hana's Mom) who we stayed with during our stay in Van City! :) She was amazing!!

3 comments:

Ekaterina said...

cool pictures! it looks like you had a lot of fun and made many good memories. we sat on that exact bench at stanley park, or maybe the one farther away.

Svetlana Yanova said...

We loved it there!!! Wanna go back again!

Ekaterina said...

me too! I wouldn't mind living there:)