Monday, May 4, 2009

Walk For Kids Help Phone

Oh my goodness was it ever a fun day! A couple of my friends joined Alex, Tim and I for this walk in support of Kids Help Phone on May 3rd, 2009. It was a gorgeous day and we really took our time walking...and when I say took our time I mean we were dragging behind..haha..:) But I was happy to share lots of good laughs with Elaine and her family and Drew and his family, all the kids were doing fantastic! I mean 5K is a huge distance after all...:) When we got back to the starting point (Eau Claire) we found out that volunteers for this walk were able to raise over $195.000 in Calgary alone!! How awesome is that! So after some ice cream we all headed out to the playground (I mean where do the kids get this energy from??).

I wanted to thank everyone who supported our team this year! With your help many more kids will recieve psychological support they need to ovecome bullying in schools, parent abuse, agression, etc..

Thank you!!
The crowd of supporters at Eau Claire Market...

They coudln't paint a Spiderman so Tim had to agree to become a cat for a while..:)
Cheerleaders of all ages were peforming ah-mazing stunts all the way! Loved it!
Our crew! :)
Drew's back in his childhood...:))
The girls were having to much fun!

Kaytlin...
My boy...Tim.

Elaine was playing tag with the kids. Most of the time they were so busy just running that they would forget who was "it"..:))

Thanks for the wonderful day, guys!!

2 comments:

Kaitlin and Jenessa said...

The photo of Jenessa and Kaitlin
is very sweet - "cousins forever" -Thanks Lana for taking the pic From Kaitlin and Jenessa. You're
#1

Svetlana Yanova said...

Thanks so much!! We had tons of fun that day! :):):)